Video Production Team
Fiona Ashe on Directing Film and Video:
“I’ve always had scenes and dialogue going around in my head — when I was a child, I thought everyone else did too. When I first saw a film, I suddenly understood that the stories in my head were the seeds of movies. From the moment I started directing, I felt completely at home — as if I was doing what I was born to do.
“Since then I have trained up in writing and editing drama — and both skills have taught me to be a better director. I love working with a cast and crew: the teamwork, the camaraderie and the creative collaboration!
“At Flasheforward Communications, we work with budgets of all levels: I’m an experienced self-shooter, which is ideal for projects that are modest in scale. For larger scale projects, I enjoy collaborating with film cinematographer Jaro Waldeck: she takes care of the technicalities of the picture and sound; while I produce/direct the shoot and also conduct on-camera interviews. We are a great team!”
Training: Fiona Ashe — Director/Producer
- Diploma in Advanced Film Directing, New York Film Academy.
- FETAC Certificate Level 6 Visual Structure for Directors, Screen Training Ireland.
- Staging For Camera, Screen Training Ireland. Tutor: Mark W. Travis, Los Angeles.
- FETAC Certificate Level 6 Digital Multi-Skilling for Documentary Direction, Screen Training Ireland.
- Journalism for Television, RTÉ. Trainers: John de Tarsio and John Larson, NBC.
- Bachelor of Arts Degree in Communications Studies (including Video Production), Dublin City University.
- The Professional Screenwriting Series, ScreenwritingU, Los Angeles.
- Directing Masterclasses taught by Spike Lee, Stephen Frears, Mike Leigh, Anthony Minghella, Stanley Tucci, Mike Figgis, Wim Wenders, Stephen Daldry, Paul Schrader, Jim Sheridan and Oscar-winner Alex Gibney.
Training: Jaro Waldeck — Videographer
- Bachelors Degree in Film and Video, Columbia College, Chicago.
- Masters in Cinematography, FAMU Prague.
- DAWN lighting workshop at Kerry EBT Training Centre.
- 3D CINEMA at Ardmore Studios, FÁS.
- PADI: Diving Course for Camera Operators.